How to implement GA 4 on WordPress website?
To implement Google Analytics 4 (GA4) on a WordPress website, you can follow these steps:
Create a Google Analytics 4 Property:
- Go to the Google Analytics website (analytics.google.com) and sign in with your Google account.
- Create a new Google Analytics 4 property for your website by following the instructions provided by Google.
Obtain the Measurement ID:
- After creating the GA4 property, you will be provided with a Measurement ID. Make note of this ID as you’ll need it for the implementation.
Install a WordPress Plugin:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to “Plugins” and click on “Add New.”
- Search for a plugin that supports GA4 implementation. One popular option is the “Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights” plugin. Install and activate it.
Configure the Plugin:
- Once the plugin is activated, go to “Insights” in your WordPress dashboard and click on “Settings.”
- Under the “General” tab, click on the “Authenticate with your Google account” button and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Google account with the plugin.
Add the Measurement ID:
- After authenticating, go to the “Tracking” tab in the plugin settings.
- Enter the Measurement ID you obtained in step 2 into the “Google Analytics Property ID” field.
- Save the changes.
- Visit your website and browse a few pages to generate some traffic.
- Go back to the Google Analytics website and navigate to your GA4 property.
- In the left-hand menu, click on “Realtime” and then “Overview.” If the implementation is successful, you should see active users on your website.